Shield of morsbach

origin : The oldest indication of Morsbach goes back to an overhand deed around the year 1200.

The name of Morsbach appears in 1365 among the villages of the episcopal seignory of Hombourg- Saint-Nabord. The village, located on a transit route, was destroyed like many others form 1635 by different armies after it suffered of plague epidemics between 1630 and 1634.

Morsbach remained uninhabited until 1683 for almost fifty years. Then it progressively repopulated and it reached a thousand inhabitants at the beginning of the 20th century. Morsbach was annexed to the duchy of Lorraine in 1581 and to France in 1766.