Bearing of the town of

 

SCHOENECK in Lorraine

Shield realized in Byzantine mosaics with Venetian smalti which represents the coat of arms of Schoëneck in Lorraine.

 

DIMENSIONS: about 0.81 x 0.66 m.

 

Description: per pale gules with silver vase and silver with sand getter’s lamp, the gules’ eyes, on a chief azure charged with three silver eaglets set in two and one.

 

Origin: On the top are represented the coat of arms of the Counts of Linange who owned the village, dependence of the Forbach lords in 1618, date of the first mention of the town. The white vase stands for the ancient glass industry created in 1777. The sand getter’s lamp symbolizes the coal extraction